After my misadventures as a student in the senior level robotics courses, for some reason, my professors thought it was a great idea to encourage other students with my bad ideas. So they made me an SA (like a TA minus the grading). Being an SA was one of the most rewarding experiences I had in college. I learned so much from my students, professors, and got really proficient with the course material.
Stuff I did
- Installed Ubuntu on 60+ different laptops
- Aided with lab and course design
- Ran last minute panic sessions to teach material before tests
- Developed and documented lab materials
- Got really good at debugging and understanding other peoples code quickly
- Distributed 50 ducks to enforce the power of the rubber ducky method